Information on Corona
Corona Protection Measures
Corona is a virus. It can make people ill. You can protect yourself against the Corona virus. Help to prevent other people from falling ill too.
Wash your hands
Wash your hands with soap several times a day – without fail before eating and after going to the toilet. If no washing facilities are available, use disinfectant.
Vaccination against corona
As a seasonal worker you can also get vaccinated in Germany.
You can find out whether and how you can register for a vaccination in the German language by calling the free telephone number 116 117.
For the vaccination you need either your signed employment contract or a certificate from the employer, as well as a valid identity card.
Talk to your employer in good time if you have an appointment. The vaccination does not count as working time.
Yes. If you have proof that you have been fully vaccinated against the virus or proof of recovery from the virus which is no more than six months old, you do not need any additional proof of a negative test result as a matter of principle.
However, the protective measures that have been introduced, such as the compulsory wearing of a mask and the requirement to maintain a specific distance, continue to apply to everyone.
How can you become infected?
Infection mainly via droplet infection
Someone sneezes or coughs. Small droplets fly through the air. The droplets land on something.You can become infected if you breathe in the droplets or touch objects on which the droplets have landed. It can take 2 – 14 days before you notice signs of illness.
If you are ill, stay in your accommodation and do not go to work. Inform your foreman or your boss by telephone.
Call a doctor. If you don’t have a phone number, ask your foreman or boss for help. You can also call the medical on-call service on the telephone number 116 117 (only in German).
Anyone who has become infected with Corona must be quarantined. This is stipulated by the Health Department in Germany. The following then applies:
- Stay in the accommodation
- Do not leave the company
- Do not go outdoors
- Do not meet other people
This is important so that the disease does not continue to spread.
Rules for Working and Living together
There are corona rules in Germany. The rule says you have to keep your distance from other people. The rules apply to everyone who is in Germany.
- The boss has to offer you a corona test twice a week. Your participation is voluntary, but is recommended to protect the health of all employees
- You will be assigned to work in teams that are supposed to stay together and have as little contact with other teams as possible so as not to infect each other with Corona.
- Only employees from your team should be accommodated in one room and meet there. Keep your distance from the others there as well.
- Wash laundry and dishes at at least 60°C if possible.
- Air your room regularly.
- Comply with the hygiene rules
- Wear a mask if you cannot keep a distance of 1.50 metres from other people, for example in vehicles.
- Reach an agreement with the other teams for times when you want to use the kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
The group should work and live together and have no contact with other groups so that people do not infect each other with Corona, with the result that everyone becomes ill within a short time. If contact with other groups is avoided, a case of illness in one group will not immediately infect all groups.